Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Towards The End Part Four


After I had seen my friends I got in the car. My host mother asked me if I wanted to follow them, I told her that I was happy to have seen their faces and that the next day I would walk there and visit them. She asked me if I knew the road and I said yes, that I would be fine. She didn’t resist to the idea. 
We went back home. It was already getting dark and my host father had gotten home. He had brought a stove that worked with oil and not with electricity so that we wouldn’t be cold at night. I was watching a movie again at the living room. My host brother was reading a book that was about Finland. He said that it was very interesting and that he had read that in Finland we put small children under the snow to take a nap. I had never heard of such thing so I just laughed. We had cup noodles for dinner and some rice. I was starving, but I didn’t really care because I thought of those who had nothing at all. My host mother told me to sleep in the living room because I wouldn’t be so scared that way. But I told her that I’d rather sleep in my own room and thats what I did. In the morning when I woke up I told my host mother that I want to go see my friends she said ”ok, let’s go”. I took my bag and we drove there. 

When we got to the dormitory there was one Chinese teacher and one Japanese teacher there. They were surprised to see me. My host mother introduced herself to them and asked them if I could stay the night. I was really surprised. I didn’t expect her to let me stay the night there! I was really starting to like her. She said that she would be back tomorrow and then she left.
The teacher took me to the room where my friends were, they came to hug me all. Zou and Bai where there too. I was so happy to be with my family again. Tsitika told me that they tried to separate her from the boys, but somehow they managed to get Tsitika to stay with the boys. Unfortunately they tried to separate us from the boys again because girls and boys were not supposed to be together. I started freaking out, I just couldn’t be separated from my family again. That was when Chayse got really pissed of. He said to the teacher that there was no way they would separate us, that he would not let that happen and that we would stick together no matter what happened. It was the first time I saw Chayse like that. I cried and cried until the teachers finally let us be together. 
We had lots of fun playing cards with the Chinese students. I was so happy to be with all my friends again. I was really worried about Zou because he was really looking forward to the spring vacation when he was supposed to go and see his family in China. I felt really sorry for him. He was one of my best friends there in Japan and we always hung out together in school. 
It was warm outside, me and Tsitika we just dancing and singing until one of the teachers came to tell us to be quiet. We were restless. I took all my things to the dorm room. There were two bedrooms. The teachers had told Tsitika to sleep in the other room, but she had slept in the same room with the boys. For some reasons we changed rooms almost immediately. We became roommates with Zou and Bai. They said that it was nicer to be with us since their previous roommates spoke Cantonese and they couldn’t understand a word what they were saying so it was annoying. We played a card game called ”badman” and it was really fun. 
I felt like I was at the right place. At some point I really needed to wash my hair after these 3 days. And for some reason at the dorms the toilets and the sinks worked. So that made it possible for us to wash ourselves, well at least our heads. We weren’t supposed to be wasting water. The boys said to us not to was our hairs because we would get headaches from the cold water, but we didn’t really care. We are girls after all. We continued playing cards for hours. We were really loud and the teachers came to the room countless of times to tell us to shut up. It was like we forgot about the earthquake. But the earthquakes kept coming. It wasn’t easy. Every time an earthquake hit we all ran to the door. Zou was the first to stand up always, Bill was the last. These earthquakes kept coming every once in a while. It was terrifying sometimes, but sometimes we didn’t even bother to stand up. It was like if the roof is supposed to fall on us it’s gonna fall on us no biggie. 

3 comments:

  1. Aika pelottava vaihtarikokemus. Itsekin asun nyt Japanissa, mutta täällä Tokushimassa ei ole juuri järistykset tuntuneet. Koita pärjäillä!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Traumoja viellä on mutta pärjäillään! Toivotaan että sinne ei iske mitään samanlaista :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oli meillä joku nolo kolmasmagnitudin järähdys toissapäivänä, toisinaan huojahtelee sillain että onkohan tästä nyt tulossa se uusi juttu, joka tuhoaa kaiken. Voi myöhemmin lukea lehdistä Tokushiman suurtuhoista.

    ReplyDelete